Paleo Sausage Gravy & Biscuits
For the Biscuits:
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ t salt
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil solid, NOT melted
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 lb pastured pork sausage breakfast or Italian
For the Gravy:
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ t garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 T cassava flour whisked with 3 T water
- Make the Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with a bit of coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut in the coconut flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the eggs until a dough forms. Don’t overmix.
- Pat out on a coconut-floured surface (don’t roll; that’s too much working of the dough) to about ⅓-inch thick.
- Cut as desired into biscuits and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
- To Make the Gravy:.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage until fully cooked.
- Add the broth, coconut cream, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cassava flour mixture and simmer until thickened.
- Serve the gravy over the warm biscuits.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.