Keto Three Cheese Ravioli
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3-5 teaspoons water
For the filling:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 egg yolks Olive oil for cooking
For the dough:
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, coconut flour, and arrowroot powder. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- With the food processor running, pour in apple cider vinegar. Once it has distributed evenly, add the egg.
- Teaspoon by teaspoon, slowly add in water until the dough forms into a ball (the dough should be firm, yet sticky to touch and with no creases, which means the dough is dry and you need to add a little more water).
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and knead it through the plastic for a couple of minutes.
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge for 45 minutes.
For the filling:
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Mix in egg yolks, and continue mixing until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and set aside.
For the ravioli:
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out the pasta to its thinnest point possible. Slice into 2-inch strips, and then cut into evenly sized squares about 2x2-inches.
- Heap roughly a tablespoon of filling onto the dough. Drape a second piece over it, and press down around the edges to seal, removing any air bubbles.
- Trim the edges close to the filling using a cookie cutter, knife, or pizza cutter.
- Place all the ravioli on a baking tray and freeze for 15 minutes to firm them up.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat on low.
- Add ravioli and cook until golden on both sides.
- Toss with your favorite sauce to serve.