Maple Bacon Breakfast Pie
- 10 pieces bacon + ½ cup chopped
- 2 cups Tuscan kale
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 5 eggs
- 1 T maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil for greasing pie pan
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a pan, sauté ½ cup bacon, kale, mushrooms, bell pepper, and thyme over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and vegetables tender.
- Beat 5 eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread vegetable mixture in a 9-inch pan greased with coconut oil, then add eggs to fill in the cracks.
- Form bacon lattice over the top. To start, lay 4 slices of bacon horizontally. Then weave in the other 6 pieces in an under-over pattern, alternating with under or over with each piece. Brush pieces with maple syrup.
- Place pie pan on baking dish to catch any bacon drippings. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until egg is solid and bacon crisp. Skim any excess grease off the top before serving.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.