Keto Fathead Gnocchi
- 2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 cups full-fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a saucepan over low heat combine butter and mozzarella. Stir continuously until completely melted.
- Stir vigorously with a rubber spatula until fully combined, and then cool for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine egg, egg yolk and almond flour.
- Slowly add the cheese mixture and continue to mix until a rough dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough onto a smooth surface (or parchment papeand knead until a semi-stretchy dough is formed. (if the dough is too wet, add a tablespoon or more of almond flour)
- Form the dough into a long roll about 1 inch thick and begin to cut pieces about ½-inch wide.
- Freeze the gnocchi for 15 minutes before cooking, or freeze them until ready to eat.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a gentle boil (if it’s too vigorous and the gnocchi will fall apart).
- Add gnocchi to the water in small batches and boil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they float to the surface.
- Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Gently toss gnocchi with your favorite sauce and serve!