Chicken Mango Lettuce Wraps
For the Cajun Seasoning:
- 2 t paprika
- 1 t garlic powder
- ½ t salt
- ½ t black pepper
- ½ t onion powder
- ½ t thyme
- ½ t oregano
- ½ t cayenne pepper
For the Chicken Wraps:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 T of the cajun seasoning from above
- with no or low salt added
- 2 T of coconut oil
- 1-2 heads of romaine lettuce
For the Salsa:
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced and peeled
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced, (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts or cashews
- Black pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning ingredients, and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Gently pat the chicken dry, and generously sprinkle the cajun mix on both sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Carefully lay the seasoned chicken in the hot skillet, and cook it for 3-5 minutes (per side) until lightly blackened.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven. Cook 10-20 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF).
- While the chicken is cooking, create your salsa. In a medium bowl, toss the salsa ingredients together, and set it aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Then slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Take one romaine lettuce leaf. As if it were a taco shell, spoon a few slices of chicken and the salsa into the leaf. Serve and enjoy!
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.