Balsamic Braised Chicken & Vegetables
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1½ pound chicken pieces, bone-in
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound carrots, baby
- ¼ pound mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth, homemade
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 T thyme, fresh
- 5 medium onions pearl, peeled
- 2 T arrowroot powder
- ⅛ t sea salt, to taste
- ⅛ t black pepper, to taste
- In a Dutch oven or large braiser, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the pan, but don’t overcrowd. Cook until chicken is well browned, in batches if necessary. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots, and mushrooms to the pan and cook until vegetables start to soften. Add the chicken back to the pan. Add the broth, vinegar, thyme, pearl onions, and reserved bacon. Bring to a boil, reduce to a low simmer and cover. Simmer over low heat for 50-60 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix the arrowroot with 2 tablespoons cold water and stir until smooth. Add this to the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened before serving.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.