Keto Coconut Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Servings: 8 people
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 18 oz packet cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper, and grease lightly.
- In a bowl, cream butter and monk fruit sweetener until thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg yolks, vanilla extract, and coconut milk and continue to mix.
- Slowly add coconut flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the coconut milk mixture, gently making sure to not over mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into the cake pans. Bake for 20 minutes or golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, and monk fruit sweetener.
- Add coconut milk to thin out slightly and mix until smooth.
- Ensure cakes are cooled completely before frosting. Generously frost the top of one cake.
- Place the second cake on top. Press down slightly to remove air bubbles in the frosting.
- Frost the top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle additional shredded coconut on top and sides of the cake.
- Slice and serve.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Fiber: 3g