These coconut chicken bites are a regular snack and sometimes at our busy house of 2 toddlers and 2 busy parents!
My little girls love them with ketchup and even mustard (I know, I know). I make a big batch in the weekends and my wife packs them for the girls lunch a couple days a week AND we have some for snacking and lunch.
Coconut Chicken Bites
- 1 pound chicken chopped
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup coconut oil for frying
- Combine all dry ingredients and spices in large shallow bowl or plate. Mix up. Set aside.
- Whisk egg in large bowl. Add chopped chicken to egg.
- Heat coconut oil in large frying pan.
- Coat egg covered chicken with dry ingredients, making sure to coat entire piece of chicken, add to the frying pan. Repeat for as many pieces will fit in pan.
- Fry until golden brown, flipping and turning chicken until cooked.
*Enjoy with organic ketchup or healthy condiment of choice
4 thoughts on “Coconut Chicken Bites”
what temperature would you bake them at?
Chicken, usually 400!
These sound and look good! Can you bake instead of fry? For how long?
You could definitely back these instead of fry. Bake for 20-25 minutes, since they are pretty small pieces.
Comments are closed.