Caramelized Baked Butternut Squash
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of water
- ½ t salt
- ½ t freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ t red chili flakes
- 2 t finely chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Halve the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Place them in a baking pan cut-side up. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Turn the squash flesh-side down and pour ½ cup of water in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 45-55 minutes, until the skin becomes soft and can easily be pierced with the tip of a knife. Make sure that the water hasn’t completely evaporated. If it has, add a little more.
- Remove from the oven and let both sides cool before handling.
- Serve each person half a squash, or scoop out the flesh onto a serving plate, sprinkling additional thyme and chili flakes on top.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.