Cannellini beans or white beans are a popular ingredient in Tuscan cooking. They have a creamy texture and mild flavor that pairs well with powerhouse greens like kale or spinach. Fresh lemon makes this delicious soup burst with flavor.
White Bean and Kale Minestrone
- 1½ - 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3 cups cooked white beans or cannellini
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4-6 sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Wash kale and remove the stems from the leaves. Rollup kale leaves and cut into thin ribbons. Set aside.
- In a 4-quart soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté the garlic briefly over medium heat. Add about half of the cooked beans and part of the stock. Puree the rest of the beans and stock in the blender along with the tomato paste and sage. Stir the pureed beans into the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the kale into the soup and simmer until kale has wilted (about 10 minutes).
- Add the lemon juice and enough water to make the soup a desirable thick consistency. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Serve the soup topped with grated parmesan cheese (optional).
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.