Are you intimidated by homemade pizza recipes? Me too. Making a pizza from scratch is just plain daunting, especially when it’s just so easy to pop a frozen pizza in the oven. And on top of that, make that gluten free or keto? There are very few gluten free pizzas out there even worth eating. They are usually overly chewy, gritty or dry.
This recipe uses almond flour which can have a grainy consistency in some gluten free recipes. However, using our secret ingredient (cheese) as a “binder” in the crust dramatically enhances the consistency. The dough is surprisingly easy to work with, and easy to make. You really can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes.
Here is the dough for the crust, rolled out and ready for the oven.
Crust is baked, now toppings added and ready for another 5 minutes or so in the oven. For our toppings we opted for a little more cheese, some sliced mozzarella and shredded cheddar, sauteed mushrooms, bacon and fresh basil.
Keto 20 Minute Pizza
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour OR baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cheese: cheddar, fresh mozzarella, goat, parmesan, feta, etc.
- Your favorite meats: sausage, bacon, beef, pepperoni
- Your favorite veggies: onion, mushrooms, pepper, jalapeno, olives, spinach, etc.
- Your favorite sauce: sugar-free tomato sauce, olive oil, ranch, blue cheese, buffalo, etc.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Add shredded cheddar and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and add in egg, almond flour, tapioca flour/baking powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon until well incorporated.
- Transfer dough onto a large piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Flatten out dough using a rolling pin to about 1/4" thick. Remove parchment paper and shape with hands if desired.
- Transfer pizza on the parchment paper onto a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven (keep the oven oand load your pizza however you like with all of your favorite sauces, cheese, and toppings.
- Bake pizza for another 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.