A friend brought me these burritos after the birth of my second daughter. I called them “the burritos of salvation” when they arrived at the end of a particularly exhausting day. Nothing ever tasted so good! The flavors are surprisingly complex and they heat up well for a lunch you will look forward to!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito
- 6 cups of peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ cup of cilantro chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced
- Salt to taste
- 6 10- inch tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Steam sweet potatoes in covered saucepan until tender and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook onions, garlic, jalapeno in oil until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add garam masala and cumin to the onion mixture, and add cooked sweet potatoes.
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion mixture and beans. Chunky texture is fine, but If you prefer a smooth consistency, you can blend with immersion blender or food processor.
- Add lemon juice, cilantro and salt to taste.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 13 pyrex, place about ¾ cup of filling to each tortilla and roll into burrito. Place each burrito in pyrex. Cover with salsa and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.