- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Xylitol
- 2 large Eggs (Whole)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Tap Water
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 large Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin tin with 8 foil or paper liners. Beat ¼ cup softened butter and ¼ cup xylitol until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 whole eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, coconut cream, 2 tbsp water and almond flour.
- In a separate bowl whisk to combine the 4 tbsp almond flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Combine the almond mixture with the egg mixture and blend until smooth.
- Fill the muffin wells and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to sit in the muffin tin for 5 minutes then remove to a baking rack to cool. Frost once cooled.
- Prepare a pan with simmering water fitted with another pan over the top (Bain Marie).
- Do not allow the surface of the water to touch the bottom of the top pan.
- To the top pan (a metal mixing bowl works great for this purpose) add 2 egg whites (be sure there are no yolks), a dash of coconut cream, 1 tsp water and the remaining of xylitol.
- Whisk this mixture continuously for 5-10 minutes over the water bath until all the xylitol has dissolved.
- Pour this mixture into a separate bowl and whip with a blender until stiff fluffy peaks form.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla, blend to incorporate. The frosting may be used, as is, immediately (it does not store well) as a marshmallow frosting – dust the cupcakes with cinnamon as a garnish.
- For butter cream frosting: continue to beat on medium speed, begin adding about ½ cup butter 1 tbsp at a time (allow to beat for 1 minute in between each addition of butter).
- The frosting may break down and get soupy looking, continue to add butter and beat until it comes together (more butter may be necessary, 1 tbsp at a time).
- Add 1-2 tsp cinnamon (to taste, optional) and blend to combine.
- Buttercream should be used immediately by piping onto the cooled cupcake with a pastry bag and fancy tip or by simply cutting the corner of a plastic bag.
- Buttercream frosted cupcakes may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serve at room temperature dusted with cinnamon.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.