Maple Nut-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 T maple syrup, or more to taste, divided
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 T cinnamon, divided
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and bring a large pot of water to boil. Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cube them.
- Carefully add cubed sweet potatoes to boiling water. Boil 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- While sweet potatoes boil, mix chopped nuts with 1 ½ T maple syrup and 1 t cinnamon. Set aside.
- Drain sweet potatoes. In a food processor or large blender, add sweet potatoes, coconut oil, salt and pepper, and remaining maple syrup and cinnamon. Purée to desired texture - I opted for smooth, some may prefer to preserve more chunk.
- Distribute sweet potatoes evenly into a casserole dish (mine was 7×10) and spread maple nut topping over it. Bake for 20 minutes, until maple nut topping is roasted and glistening.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.