Eating clean can be easy, fun and totally delicious. Here’s a peek into the daily delights that eating clean has to offer.
Ready to detoxify, boost your energy, feel and look your best? It all starts with the daily choice to take action.
IN THE MORNING
Drink warm water with lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper to get your circulation going.
SPINACH & PUMPKIN SEED POWER SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup water or almond hemp, or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 small frozen banana sliced into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Stevia to taste
- 3 to 4 ice cubes (optional)
MASSAGED KALE WITH APPLE
- 4 cups kale thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 avocado (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large apple (chopped)
- ¼ cup carrots shredded
- Suggested toppings: pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries
- Add kale, parsley, lemon juice, avocado, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to a large bowl.
- Massage the kale and other ingredients with clean hands. The kale should turn a bright green and become softer. Massage until well incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add your chopped apple and shredded carrots to the kale mixture.
- Toss and top with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries if desired.
QUINOA & ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup asparagus (chopped)
- ½ red pepper (chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of cayenne
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, start adding the coconut milk to it, 1/4 of a cup at a time, stirring until the quinoa soaks it all up. You may not need the full cup.
- Meanwhile, steam your asparagus and red pepper. When those are tender, add them to the quinoa and coconut milk. Stir in the lemon juice, thyme, cayenne, and salt.
Getting hungry between meals? Here are some of my favorite clean eating snacks:
- 10 almonds
- 15 walnuts
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- Celery or carrots with hummus
- Flax crackers with 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Another quick pick-me up is a green juice which alkalizes your body.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and process until super smooth.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health. In the program you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
To your gut health,