This recipe is a definite upgrade from overly sweet, mushy barbeque baked beans in a can. These BBQ beans have serious flavor and pair well with cornbread as a main dish.
Sweet and Spicy Barbeque Beans
- 2 cans of pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 canned chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup of water
- Combine tomato paste, vinegar, molasses, maple syrup, sea salt, pepper, chipotle, mustard, cloves and water in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, pour sauce over beans and simmer until they are heated. Allow beans to marinate in the sauce for at least 15 minutes to absorb the flavor.
- Delicious served with cornbread and a side green vegetable.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.