Pumpkin Pie Topped With Meringue and Toasted Nuts
- ⅓ cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup chopped Pecan Nuts
- 1¼ cup Xylitol
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Tap Water
- 15 oz Canned pumpkin no salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Ginger Ground
- ¼ tsp Cloves Ground
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs Whole
- 3 large Egg Whites
- 1½ cups Coconut Cream
- 2 servings All Purpose Baking Mix
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, ⅔ cup All Purpose Baking Mix, pecans (chop finely) and ¼ cup xylitol. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until butter pieces are about the size of peas. Add the ice water; stir to combine.
- Transfer crust mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Press along bottom and sides of pie plate to form a crust. Place in freezer to harden, about 15 minutes.
- Cover crust with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes; remove from oven and take off foil. Reduce oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk pumpkin purée, ¾ cup xylitol, ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt to combine. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add coconut cream and mix well.
- Pour filling into partially baked pie crust. Cover crust edge with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes, or until filling is set but still a little jiggly in the middle. Cool on a wire rack while you make the meringue but turn the oven down to 350°F.
For meringue and toasted nut topping:
- Whip egg whites and coconut cream with an electric beater until frothy.
- Slowly add ¼ cup xylitol until fully incorporated then whip at high speed until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Top pie with meringue and then sprinkle the ½ cup finely chopped nuts on top.
- Place in the oven and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes until the nuts are toasted and browned.
- Cool on a wire rack until ready to serve.
- The pie may be made up to 3 days prior to serving, but do not add the meringue until you are ready to serve. Be sure the pie has warmed to room temperature if previously chilled before adding and cooking the meringue and nuts (otherwise your pie plate may crack with the sudden change in temperature). The meringue topping will not keep more than a day once made.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.