Pineapple-Mango Layer Cake
- ½ Pineapple
- ½ cup sliced Mangos
- 1 cup Whole Grain Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 6 large Eggs (Whole)
- 2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Cream
- 13 tbsp Xylitol
- For cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 8-inch-round cake pans with parchment paper, grease and dust with almond flour.
- Core the pineapple (cut off green outsides) and peel the mango. Dice all or leave about half of the pineapple in half-rings and half of the mango in slices for a decorative top; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder and salt. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Set yolks aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat whites until frothy, about 3 minutes. Slowly add ¾ cup (12 tbsp) xylitol and continue beating until stiff, but not dry, peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yolks, almond extract and melted butter. Slowly pour yolk mixture into the beaten egg whites and continue mixing on medium speed until yolks are combined, about 1 minute.
- In three additions, gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Divide batter in prepared pans and smooth tops.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- To assemble: In a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium, whip coconut cream with 1 tbsp xylitol until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate.
- Spread half the coconut cream over cake and place diced pineapple and mango pieces all around.
- Place second layer over coconut cream. Top with remaining coconut cream and decorate top with pieces or sliced pineapple and mango.
- For a decorative top: Starting at the edge of the cake, arrange fruit in concentric circles, alternating pineapple and mango slices.
- Cut into 8 servings.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.