Keto Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs
For the spaghetti squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley divided
For the meatballs
- 1⁄2 pound 80-percent lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 pound ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sugar-free pasta sauce
To make the spaghetti squash
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place each half facedown in a microwave-safe dish. Add the water. Microwave on high for 12 minutes.
- Using a fork, scoop the squash from the shells.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 1 minute. Add the squash to the skillet, stirring to allow any moisture to dissipate. Cook for about 7 minutes, until the squash begins to brown.
- Remove it from the heat. Transfer the squash to a large bowl. Add 1⁄4 cup of parsley to the bowl and set aside.
To make the meatballs
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining 1⁄4 cup of parsley, beef, pork, 1⁄4 cup of Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 12 meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil olive for about 1 minute. Add the meatballs. Brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until fully browned, about 5 minutes total.
- Add the pasta sauce to the pan. Stir to coat the meatballs thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover the skillet. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Plate 3 meatballs and 1⁄4 cup of sauce over one-quarter of the spaghetti squash per person. Sprinkle the remaining 1⁄4 cup of Parmesan cheese evenly over the plated servings.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.