Servings: 16 Croissants
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons plain sparkling water, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 385˚Linea baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the mozzarella and cream cheese together.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold in coconut flour, psyllium husk, and salt.
- Knead with your hands until you achieve a dough-like consistency.
- Add sparkling water and continue kneading.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper, and roll the dough to ⅓-inch thickness.
- Brush half of the melted butter onto the dough.
- With a pizza cutter, start by dividing the dough into 4 equal squares, then into triangles that are about 4 inches wide at the bottom.
- Roll the triangles up starting at the wide part and finishing with the point.
- Place each croissant on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Brush the tops of the croissants with remaining butter, and bake them for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cooling slightly before serving.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 2g