My sister makes this dish for Thanksgiving every year. It’s so good that even the non-vegetarians eat it up!
Sesame Crusted Tofu with Garlic Spinach
- 1 package 16-ounce of extra firm tofu, drained well
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds mix of white and black is lovely
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons of olive or coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 10 ounces of baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tofu lengthwise into 4 rectangular pieces, then slice the rectangles in half to make 8 pieces.
- Marinate the tofu in teriyaki for 20 minutes to infuse with flavor.
- Mix arrowroot or cornstarch with sesame seeds in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Press marinated tofu into the sesame seed mixture to evenly coat all sides.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add tofu squares in a single layer to cook for 5 minutes on each side. Add soy sauce and cook for one more minute until liquid is absorbed. Transfer tofu to separate plate.
- In the same pan (no need to clean), add olive oil and garlic and saute for 30 seconds until golden. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add a teaspoon of water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve tofu on a bed of wilted spinach and brown rice (optional).
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.