Rainbow Turkey Salad
For the Turkey:
- 3 pounds, one split turkey breast
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T grass-fed butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1 t fresh lemon juice
- 1 T finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 T finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 T finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 t salt
- ½ t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 lemon, sliced
For the Salad:
- 1 cup baby plum tomatoes
- 1 cup pomegranate, seeds only
- 2 ripe avocados, de-stoned and sliced
- 2 cups baby wild rocket
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1½ cups chopped purple cabbage
- ⅓ cup sliced red onions
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Using the handle end of a wooden spoon, carefully separate the skin from the turkey breast (without tearing it). Gently rub the turkey breast with the olive oil-herb mixture, stuffing it under the skin.
- Line a baking pan with 2½-foot long x 15-inch wide parchment paper. Lay the onions and lemon slices on top, and place the turkey breast on top of the slices. Fold the sheet over the turkey and pleat the top to seal. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cut the parchment paper open and unwrap the turkey, folding back the paper and exposing the skin-side of the turkey.
- Baste the turkey using a spoon to scoop up the juices from the bottom of the pan, pouring them over the top of the turkey. Increase the oven temperature to 425ºF and continue roasting for 20 to 30 minutes, until the breast is browned and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Slice avocados lengthwise; dice yellow bell pepper into bite-size pieces; roughly chop red cabbage; and cut the carrots and red onions into thin slices.
- For the dressing, mix lemon juice, olive oil, raw honey, minced garlic, salt and paprika. Set aside.
- When the turkey is done, remove from the oven, cover with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- When the turkey is cool enough to handle, cut into slices. Place the salad ingredients on a large plate, pour the dressing over the salad, and serve.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.