This recipe is a surprisingly delicious and satisfying vegetarian alternative to meatloaf. It is included in this section because it is a great use for any leftover grains.
- 2 cups of a finely ground mix of nuts any combination of raw walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews Pulse to grind in a food processor or blender.
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 to 4 ribs of celery chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice quinoa, farro or other grain
- ¼ cup of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of tamari
- ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large pot, saute onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add celery, rosemary, sage, and caraway.
- Remove from heat.
- Add nut mixture, brown rice or quinoa, eggs, rolled oats, and tamari.
- Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well blended.
- Turn into an oiled loaf pan and spread top with a thin layer of ketchup.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Delicious served with roasted broccoli or roasted sweet potatoes.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.