Keto Fathead Buns
Servings: 4 Buns
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the cream cheese and mozzarella. Stir continuously until completely melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg until beaten. Add the dry ingredients, and continue mixing until well combined.
- Add mozzarella mixture and the shredded cheddar cheese to the dough (the dough will be sticky).
- Spoon dough onto a piece of plastic wrap. Lightly dust the top of it with almond flour.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the dough and gently start working into a ball.
- Place dough ball in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal portions, and roll each portion into a ball. Cut the ball in half (this is your top and bottom bun).
- Place cut side down on parchment paper, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days until ready to use
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g