Oatmeal is made from hulled oat grains. It is rich in soluble fiber (especially a unique compound called beta glucan), antioxidants, and B vitamins. Oatmeal can be steel-cut, rolled, or quick/instant.
Home-cooked breakfast oatmeals can be prepared quickly. On a busy morning, they are a great substitute instead of sugar-laden cereals or packages of processed, overly sweetened oatmeal.
Hearty Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts
- 1 cup instant or quick cook oats
- 2 cups water (or 1 cup of water and
- 1 cup of milk or a milk substitute-such as almond, coconut, rice, hemp, and pea)
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh or frozen fruit
- ⅛ cup nuts or seeds walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds or mix in 1 tablespoon of peanut or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia (optional)
- A drizzle of sweetener stevia, 100% maple syrup, honey to taste (optional)
- In a medium pot, combine oats and water and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and add cinnamon and fruit.
- Cook until fruit is soft (about 1-2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in flax or chia if using.
- Top each bowl with nuts and sweetener if using.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.