Most people’s idea of salad is a drab boring affair of iceberg lettuce and out of season tomatoes. I’m here to change that perception, because a really good salad is far from boring. A proper salad should be bursting with life, flavor and should cause YOU to burst with energy.
Eating more salad is a great way to detoxify and alkalize. Raw fruits, vegetables and fats in a well balanced salad will give your body valuable enzymes that make digestion easy, fuelling you with more energy instead of depleting it. Isn’t that what food is supposed to do?!
A well balanced salad should have a variety of colors, textures and flavors. By combining seasonal fruits, nuts and seeds you’ve suddenly created a beautiful meal instead of just an uninspired “necessity” on the plate.
Here’s a recipe for a delicious salad that’s sure to increase your energy, ease your digestion and supercharge your entire day!
Superfood Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 2 cups spinach
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 apple petite diced
- ⅛ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup fresh berries of choice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- drizzle of Tahini Dressing
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ - ½ cup water
- For the dressing: Whisk or blend all ingredients together. Add more water until desired consistency is reached.
- For the salad: In large serving bowl, add the spinach, half of lemon juice, a drizzle of Tahini Dressing and a little sea salt. Massage until the spinach starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Top with apples, pumpkin seeds, berries, onions & parsley.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and process until super smooth.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health. In the program you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
To your gut health,