Paleo New England Clam Chowder
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 2 large turnips, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of good quality clams not drained, chop clams if whole
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 T olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ t sage
- ½ t thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place your cauliflower florets in a stockpot and cover with water. Bring the pot to a boil and boil about 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat a large stockpot over a medium high and brown your bacon for about 10-15 minutes. Once the bacon is crispy and browned spoon the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving the bacon grease in the pot.
- In the bacon grease, sauté the turnips and carrots for about five minutes, and then add the onion and celery. Cook for another five minutes until all the vegetables are softened and the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add your broth and clams (juice and all) and simmer on medium low while you make your cauliflower sauce.
- Drain the cauliflower and transfer to a food processor. Add the sage, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste, purée on high speed and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour the cauliflower sauce into the clam chowder and mix well. Cook for about three minutes to warm everything through and remove from heat.
- Crumble the cooked bacon, ladle the clam chowder to soup bowls and sprinkle with bacon for garnish.pepper to taste, purée on high speed and blend until smooth.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.