Chicken Avocado Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil or butter
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped green bell peppers
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Pinch of pink salt
- 2 avocados pitted, skinned, and diced, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 cup of grass-fed cheese to put on top optional
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the onions and bell peppers and sauté for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken broth, chicken, spinach, green onions, and salt. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for at least 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Remove from the heat.
- Serve warm garnished with the avocado and cilantro.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 287kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 16gFat: 20g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!