I’m a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast. I could be completely satisfied with a meal of bacon and eggs every single morning.
I love the simplicity of this omelet. It is the perfect way to shake up your breakfast routine without defaulting to carb-loaded breakfast foods.
The tomato and basil pared with goat cheese is a delight. No worries if goat cheese isn’t your thing. Feel free to omit or swap out for another cheese!
10-Minute Keto Tomato Basil Omelet
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil/ghee/butter
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 small organic tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic basil fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- goat cheese, crumbled
- Add coconut oil to a medium skillet. Saute over medium heat red onion, garlic, chopped bell pepper, and spinach in pan for two minutes or until bell peppers and onion are slightly. Remove from heat and set aside in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the eggs, basil, and salt.
- In skillet over medium heat, warm the coconut oil/butter or ghee. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until it is almost cooked. Add the tomato, onion, spinach, and bell pepper mixture to the center of the eggs and then flip half of it over onto the other half, forming an omelet. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with the goat cheese and basil garnish.