Keto Herbed Cavatelli
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2-4 teaspoons water as needed
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- With the food processor running, add in apple cider vinegar. Once it has distributed evenly, add in the egg.
- Add water teaspoon by teaspoon, as needed, until the dough forms into a ball. The dough should be firm, but sticky to touch and with no creases.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and knead it through the plastic for a couple of minutes.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes (or up to 5 days).
- Cut dough into 4 pieces, roll out into logs, and slice off even-sized pieces. This will create evenly sized pasta. Lightly dust a cutting board and pasta pieces with coconut flour. Place a piece of pasta on your cutting board, and use a knife to press the dough upwards and towards you. This will curl the pasta into the shape you want.
- Place shaped pasta in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet over low heat, add butter and oil. Once warm, add in chilled pasta and toss.
- For al dente pasta, cook until it just begins to develop some color.
- Toss pasta with your favorite sauce.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 2g