Pesto is one of those deceivingly healthy “super-foods”. There are endless variations to the classic pesto recipe out that use all type of greens as a base. Here we used anti-oxidant rich greens in the form of kale. I’m admittedly not typically a huge fan of kale so I’m a tough critic, but it works here. The walnuts and olive oil are rich in monosaturated fats shown to reduce inflammation. And of course, the fresh garlic provides immune support with added anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. The pesto really takes the front stage in this recipe so let’s just go ahead and call this instead “Kale Pesto with a side of Grilled White Fish and Zucchini”. The pesto is good, and so good for you, you’re probably going want to double or triple this recipe to use as a spread or garnish for the next few days. Try it on pasta, mixed in soups, on a breakfast frittata…
But first with the white fish and zucchini… Have this pesto ready in 10 minutes.
One of the tricks to making extra smooth pesto is to mix in the olive oil at end once the other ingredients have already been pureed. The leftover pesto should be refridgerated and served slightly chilled or room temperature.
Enjoy! Be sure to let know what you think of the recipe!
Keto Grilled White Fish with Zucchini and Kale Pesto
- 1.5 cup kale
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 14 walnut halves
- ½ garlic clove
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 4.5 tbsp of olive oil
FISH AND ZUCCHINI
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 zucchini
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz of white fish (thawed at room temperature, if frozen)
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Start preparing the pesto by coarsely chopping the kale. Place the kale, walnuts, lemon, garlic, and parmesan in a blender or food processor, and purée until smooth. Add oil and process more. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Rinse the zucchini and cut thinly with a sharp knife. In a medium skillet, melt1 tbsp of butter over low to medium heat. Add slices of zucchini and stir to coat with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- While zucchini cooks, lightly dust fish filet(s) with lemon pepper. Once zucchini has cooked over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes (or until slightly tender), add remaining butter, and then place fish filets atop the zuchinni.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Serve fish over zucchini with several dollops of prepared pesto.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.