We go through alot of eggs in our growing household. And as a Holistic Nutritionist who believes that eggs are one of nature’s perfect foods it’s no surprise eggs are a staple in my house and most of my programs.
However, sometimes I get tired of eggs, so I try to mix things up and avoid eggs for a while so I can fall re in love in with my perfect little eggs.
Eggs, actually, can also be allergenic for some people and I get questions about not eating eggs all of time when someone purchases a program, especially when they also don’t like smoothies.
Recipes can be challenging.
But this sausage breakfast bake is one of my favorite egg-free breakfast ideas you can make!
I keep a few boxes of pre-cooked natural and organic frozen turkey, pork, and chicken sausages in the freezer.
Low-Carb No Egg Breakfast Bake With Sausage, Peppers, and Mushrooms
- 1/2 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper chopped (or use any color of peppers you prefer)
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 links pre-cooked turkey or pork breakfast sausage links of your choice
- 1/2 cup Colby grated (or more)
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Add chopped peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, add spinach.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes and add sausage links.
- Top dish with cheese and remove from heat.
- Serve hot. Garnish with avocado.