Keto Creamy Carbonara Chicken
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 filets
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour, all purpose or plain
- 3 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter, or sub with oil
- 8 ounces of bacon, trimmed of fat and cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1-½ cups half and half, or use reduced fat cream or evaporated milk*
- ½ cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch, cornflour mixed with 2 teaspoons of water
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Dredge seasoned chicken in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non stick pan or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
- Add the bacon strips to the pan and fry until crispy. Drain off some excess fat, keeping about 1 teaspoons worth in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until onion is transparent (about 1 minute). Reduce heat to low heat, and add the half and half (or cream). Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer; season with a little salt and pepper to your taste. Add in the parmesan cheese, and allow the sauce to simmer until the parmesan cheese has melted slightly. (If the sauce is too runny for your liking, add the cornstarch/water mixture into the centre of the pan and mix through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately).
- Add the chicken back into the pan to serve.
- Serve with steamed vegetables (broccoli and/or cauliflower work best), or over zucchini noodles!
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.