Confession: aside from bacon, I am just not a big fan of pork. My family on the other hand, loves pork. I’m always on the hunt and eager to create new pork based recipes that I can enjoy as well. And let’s be real, who doesn’t like just about anything fried? These keto fried pork chops have a great consistency and flavor to satisfy even your pickiest eaters.
The prep for this main dish is VERY simple. However, the pork chops are technically oven fried so you’ll need to allow for a 30 minute cook time (and I promise you won’t be able to taste the difference). The “breading” is simply almond flour, spices, and parmesan.
Feel free to mix up the spices. I always fall back on my favorite lineup of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika but if you’re looking for a little kick, I imagine a little cayenne would hit the spot.
Fried Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 large egg whisked
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a plate, add almond meal. Add dried spices and Parmesan cheese, if using. Mix well.
- To a separate bowl, whisk one egg and add to a bowl (use a bowl large enough to for pork chops).
- Dip each pork chop into egg wash, and then coat in almond meal mixture.
- To a parchment lined baking sheet, add your four breaded pork chops. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping half-way through.