We eat burgers at least once a week, but truth be told, I think I would be happy eating them daily. That’s not to say I don’t appreciate a fresh new take on a cheeseburger.
These burger bowls are versatile and fun to make when you’re looking for a bunless cheeseburger remix. In this recipe, I added bacon, mushrooms in cheese. Feel free to swap out the “fillings” to suit you and your crew. I’ve made the same recipe with sauteed bell peppers, onions, and guacamole and it was AWESOME as well.
Serve with your favorite greens, veggie fries, and/or some fresh avocado.
Loaded Bacon Burger Bowl
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together ground beef and seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Precook bacon, onion and mushrooms over skillet on medium heat. Set aside.
- On baking sheet lined with foil, evenly divide beef into 4 portions and form into bowls. I used a small ramekin to create my burger bowls, but get creative using a small glass, a measuring cup, whatever works.
- Fill each bowl with the sauteed onion, bacon and mushroom mixture. Top each with cheese.
- Bake burger bowls for 30 minutes under a foil tent.
- Serve with barbecue sauce, more cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato.