Chocolate-Mint Mousse Cake
- ⅓ second Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ oz Coffee (Instant Powder)
- 1¼ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup half Pecans
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Xylitol
- 8 servings Chocolate Mint Mousse
- 4 large Eggs (Whole)
- Use the Chocolate-Mint Mousse recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two 8 round cake pans with coconut oil spray.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut cream, vanilla and coffee. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, pecans, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter with half of the xylitol until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Separate the eggs into yolks and whites. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add heavy cream mixture and beat until well-blended. Turn mixer speed down to low, and slowly add dry ingredients, one third at a time, beating until just combined. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add remaining xylitol and beat until stiff peaks, about 1 more minute. Using a rubber spatula, fold whites into chocolate batter in three parts, combining thoroughly after each addition.
- Divide batter in prepared pans and smooth tops. Bake 20 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched in the middle. Cool in pans on racks 5 minutes; invert onto racks to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- To assemble cake: Cut off rounded tops of each cake. Place one cake layer on a serving plate, cut side down. Spread top with half of mousse filling, leaving a ½ inch border. Place cut side of the other cake layer down on top of the mousse, pressing gently, being careful not to let mousse squirt out. Top this with remaining mousse and swirl decoratively. Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves. Makes 8 servings.
Ready To Start Your Keto Diet?
If you’re still unsure about how to eat, what to eat or what to avoid, don’t worry you’re not alone! There is a little-known diet system called The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet which will teach you everything you need to know and guide you through your first 21 days (and beyond). Getting that in check will increase your metabolism and allow you to shed weight and shed it fast.
Over 10,000 men and women have benefited from The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet and many women reported losing up to 22 pounds and 5-7 inches from their waist in just a matter of 3 weeks—the methods in The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet are all backed by science
Check out this free presentation on The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet now to learn more about how to follow the diet—and lose weight and improve your life in 21 days.