What do you do when all you want is a taco but you know it won’t help you get healthy? You eat one of these tasty Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps! These are a perfectly satisfying comfort food loaded with flavorful and filling chicken.
You don’t need to sacrifice your health to eat delicious food, you just need to get creative. Make lettuce wraps your new best friend, they’re versatile and you can fill a nice leaf of lettuce with whatever you fancy from chicken to shrimp, ground beef or tempeh, whatever you fill it with, there’s just something about eating a wrap that screams comfort and indulgence.
Try these lettuce wraps next time you feel like ordering take-out.
Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 4 to 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt or dairy free almond milk yogurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 apple chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Place the lettuce leaves to the side. Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Fill each of the lettuce leaves with 1 to 2 tablespoons of chicken salad and serve.
- When you’re working on reestablishing healthy gut bacteria cravings often kick in like inner monsters. It’s because you’re depriving your bad bacteria of the stuff they love to feast on: sugar and refined carbohydrates.
This is an essential part of process when it comes to rebuilding gut health, but it helps to have plenty of resources to lean on and access to support. If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health.
To your gut health,