We all have those go-to meals when we feel uninspired in the kitchen. Mine is stir fry. This healthy stir fry takes less 30 minutes to prepare and can be easily modified with whatever veggies you have on hand. Make this the next time you don’t know what to cook, but you’re looking for something quick, healthy and delicious.
LEMON CHICKEN, MUSHROOM, ASPARAGUS STIR FRY
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener optional
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ~1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce tamari for gluten-free
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce such as sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground or grated
- In a small bowl, whisk together monk fruit, lemon juice, soy sauce, broth, chili sauce, lemon zest, garlic, ginger and water, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and stir fry until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms, then stir fry until mushrooms become soft and asparagus turns a darker green.
- Add the mixture of the monk fruit, lemon juice, soy sauce, broth, chili sauce, lemon zest, garlic, ginger, toss to coat and cook until the sauce thickens, about a minute.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or with a side salad.