Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE:
- 1/4 cup ranch
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese white or yellow
- 4 slices thick cut bacon diced
- FOR THE GARNISH:
- sliced green scallions
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add in diced bacon and cook until crispy. See notes below for more information about the bacon.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. Do not discard the bacon fat. It will be used to brown the chicken breasts.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil and butter to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 1/4-inch thick. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Depending upon the size of your skillet add 2 to 3 chicken breasts to the hot oil. Do not crowd them. Cook the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Flip over the chicken breasts and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet. Arrange them in the previously prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Top each chicken breast with about 1 Tbsp. of ranch dressing. Spread to evenly coat the chicken breast.
- Sprinkle half of the diced bacon on top of the Ranch.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and garnish with remaining bacon and sliced scallions before serving.