Looking for a simple and tasty Halloween treat to make with the kiddos? These cookies will satisfy your chocolatey dreams! There is nothing that excites my kids more than holiday baking. And let’s be real, it’s officially October which means it’s decorations and baking from here on out until next year.
Have these tasty gluten free cookies ready in less than 30 minutes! They are the perfect balance of fluffy/crunchy and salty/sweet with those M&M chocolate shells and a subtle hint sea salt.
Gluten Free Halloween Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 1 cup (+ 1 Tbsp.) oat flour
- 7 ½ Tbsp + 2 tsp Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini M&Ms (orange)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients less the sugars in a large mixing bowl (flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt).
- Using a standing mixer on low speed, cream the sugars and butter. After stopping the mixer and scraping down the sides, increase to medium speed for about 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg, and mix again until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Form dough into round balls about 1.5 inches in side and place on parchment paper.
- Press your orange mini M&Ms gently into the cookie balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The recipe makes about 18-19 cookies so you will likely have to bake in two batches.