Here are some of the ways you can reach the state of ketosis:
1. Intermittent Fasting
This is arguably one of the most helpful ways to manage your lifestyle in order to put your body in the state of ketosis, which will then aid in reducing your weight.
Some scientific studies show that fasting intermittently can control the mitochondria in your body cells in ways that are parallel to those of the ketogenic or low-carb diet, and that it can lengthen your lifespan.
2. Reduce Stress
- Taking regular exercise
- Sleeping early and getting enough sleep
- Taking up a hobby
- Practicing meditation or even yoga
3. Do Not Overlook Sleep
- Sleeping in a cool room with temperature of around 65°F, and at the same time maintaining a dark ambiance in the room to help you fall into a deep sleep.
- Also, taking melatonin is a natural way to help you have a deep and sound sleep
4. Addition of Salt to your Diet Works Wonders
There is a wrong notion that daily consumption of sodium in high dosage has a negative effect on health. However, this is only true in cases of high carbohydrate diets, and that is because these diets signify high insulin levels, and when insulin levels increase significantly, sodium naturally accumulates in the kidneys.
That is why when you embark on a low carbohydrate diet that is high in fat just like the keto diet levels of insulin are much lower and the salt in your body is readily expelled because there are no carbohydrates present in your body to increase insulin and hence retain the sodium.
- Add Himalayan sea salt in your water, because it adds natural minerals into it without introducing any negative effects.
- Consume foods such as cucumbers and celery that are low in carbohydrates yet are naturally rich in sodium.
5. Exercise Regularly
While you are on a keto diet, it is advisable that you have a regular exercise schedule, because this will increase your ketone levels and help you to speedily adjust to a diet low in carbohydrates and high in fat. Your body will then eliminate any glucose that is not required in your body.
Exercising utilizes various kinds of energy for fuel, and they include carbs, fats, and amino acids. The more often you exercise the faster your body expels the stored glycogen from your body.
6. Drink a Lot of Water
7. Intake of Carbohydrates from Vegetables
8. Gut Health is Important
9. Be Aware of your Carbohydrate Intake
- Yogurt and other foods low fat foods
- Breaded meats
10. Avoid the Drinking Sodas Even if they Say that they are Zero Calories
Sodas that are labeled as “Zero Calories” uses sugar substitutes that can also give a signal to our body that a massive amount of sugar is entering our body. Thus, it can still result to a blood sugar level increase. It is proven that most of the sugar substitutes can give the body a same reaction as the regular sugar.
11. Food Scale is an Investment
When you are a beginner it will be a hard time for you to differentiate if the foods that you are eating are really good for a keto diet. Most of the people like to put only their emphasis on the food amount that they are consuming but doing so can eventually make you overeat and deprive yourself from the state of ketosis.
12. Exogenous Ketones Usage
How to Avoid Keto Flu
13. Measure your Ketones
14. Bring Snacks that are Handy
- Slices of beef
- Hard-boiled eggs
15. Remove Unnecessary Foods that are Not Keto-Friendly on your Kitchen
There a lot of people who will only implement a strict keto diet if they only have those keto foods in their respective houses. And most of the people have fallen to the temptation of carb loaded foods for the reason that they have failed to eliminate them at their home.
16. Be Mindful if You are Eating in a Restaurant
- Breakfast – Always choose eggs and bacon. Do not tempt eating pancakes or toast, you can always eat more eggs and lots of green salad as an alternative.
- Lunch – You have to swap the dressings that are loaded with sugars with strictly olive oil and vinegar.
- Dinner – Every restaurant will have a meal that is more on meat. If you are going out for some dinner, ask them to give you the biggest slice of steak and interchange the potatoes with vegetables.
17. Batch Cooking
18. Add Coconut Oil and Limit Alcohol in Your Diet
19. Be Watchful of your Intake of Protein
20. Skip Breakfast
21. Intake Keto Supplement
There are various BHB supplements on the market that are available nowadays that will get you into ketosis really fast without having a flawless meal plan. By consuming these products, your body will be familiar with getting into ketosis in 24 hours.
Just choose the right supplement after doing careful research. The supplements come in powders, tablets or capsule it will just depend on your preference on what type of supplement that you want.
22. Consume Some Carbohydrates
If it is done the proper way it putting up some carb into your keto meal plan is absolutely doable and can give optimal results. However, if you want to get the best results you will need to get into intense weight training several days a week.
The technique is that every week you must consume 100 to 200 grams of carbs after your weight training (must be in the evening).
23. Move a Lot!
Avoid ending the day without engaging in any physical activity. During the day you can try your very best to be physical. For example, instead of using the elevator or escalator use the stairs.
24. Take MCT Oils
This will be one of the smartest decisions that you can if you want to enter ketosis or stay at the phase of ketosis. MCT is the shortened term for Medium-Chain Triglyceride and they are fat types that is really good for your health and your level of energies.
There are many MCT powders that are available in the market right now. As with any health supplement, do your research and determine what may be before you.
25. Remove the Glycogen that is Stored in your Body
In order for your body not to use glucose but target the stored fat in your body for energy, you will need to remove the glycogen reserves by means of applying all of the techniques that are written here. Diet, exercise, supplements, and positive thing like exercise and cut down unhealthy carbohydrates.
In this way, you will get into the ketosis state in no time and this will eventually do a lot of benefits for your health.
26. Deep Breathing
This is also crucial in maintaining your ketosis state because high levels of stress can significantly affect our metabolism thus will have a bad effect on our diet, mental state, and digestive system which is very crucial if you are trying to stay in ketosis.
By practicing deep breathing a lot of stress hormones are released outside our body through the form of stress and energy. Also, high levels of stress can affect your well being and because of this, your focus on your diet will be compromised which can actually kick you out of ketosis.
27. Take Regular Massages
28. Avoid Foods that are Instantly Made
29. Take Down Notes
- Fatty meats
- Egg yolks
These foods are very helpful when it comes to improving our overall health because it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that will really nourish our bodies to stay in shape and to burn unwanted fats as quickly as possible.
Like the oils that are keto-friendly you can drink a teaspoon of them, but they really taste bad so what you can do is use them in cooking your foods. Many of the guides out there say you need to drink it raw, although if you can follow that plan than use it for cooking and enjoy similar benefits
Can Everyone Implement a Keto Diet?
How Can I Be Successful in Keto Diet?
- What did I get from this diet?
- I lose a lot of unhealthy weight
- I became a better person (it really transformed me inside and out)
- I am always full of energy
- My overall wellness became the best ever
- I managed to learn how to cook different kinds of foods
- I became health conscious
Where To Get Started On A Ketogenic Diet
The ketogenic diet is making waves in the diet world and for good reason. The ketogenic diet has been shown to help you lose weight fast, balance your hormones, and even reverse many diseases in our society.
That’s why I created The Ketogenic30, a 30-day ketogenic diet challenge designed specifically to help you get into fat-burning ketosis fast and by not avoiding your favorite foods.
Sure, you’ll have to make some changes, but it’s not as drastic as other keto diets that force you to count macros, calories, and carbs.
Not with the Ketogenic30. Click HERE to learn more about The Ketogenic30