As the temperatures start to drop, there is something so comforting about a hearty casserole. Unfortunately, most casserole recipes call for rice, noodles, breadcrumbs… basically all the things forbidden from a keto diet.
Not only is this recipe keto compliant, but it’s also a great make-ahead dinner. Feel free to mix it up with other veggies you may have on hand. Prep this entire recipe in the morning, and pop it in the oven to bake when you get home from work. I’ve found this helps me resist the urge to snack too much before dinner.
Start by pre-cooking the bacon.
Keto Double Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ lb ground sausage
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar free ketchup
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk or cream
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cup cauliflower rice
- 1½ cup frozen green beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 casserole dish with coconut oil.
- Cut raw bacon into small piece and cook on skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked bacon, beef, ground sausage, garlic powder, onion powder, dijon mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet used to cook the bacon, add a tablespoon of coconut oil and cook ground beef mixture over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until it is browned.
- Add ground beef to prepared casserole dish.
- Spread green beans and cauliflower rice over the ground beef mixture.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs and cream, and then pour evenly over the meat and veggies.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 and enjoy!