The “eat less”, “eat low fat”, and “just eat everything in moderation” diets haven’t worked too well for most people.
So, if you’re still trying to lose weight and keep it off, then maybe it’s time to try something that’s working for tens of thousands of peopleright now…
The Ketogenic Diet.
But is it all too good to be true?
Yes, we believe Keto is fantastic for weight loss. We’ve just seen it work for way too many people (check out the success stories below). But it’s also not for everyone.
So, in this post, we are giving you the real facts behind all the hype as well as real-life stories of people who have lost a lot of weight on Keto.
PLUS, how to get started on Keto to lose weight in 5 EASY Steps.
The Science Behind Keto Weight Loss
Ready for some science to back this up?
Ok, here are some of the scientific studies…(remember, there are limited studies on Keto as it’s still pretty new)
Low-carb diets are good for weight loss
A study comparing two weight loss diets found the group who ate a modified low-carb diet (low in carbs but higher in protein/fat) saw greater weight loss. (1)
In fact you could lose up to twice as much weight!
When 53 women spent 6 months following either a low-carb or a low-fat diet, the low-carb group lost twice as much weight on average. (2)
A keto diet makes you more likely to lose belly fat
Exactly why this is the case is unclear, but this was the conclusion of a study which followed participants on a ketogenic diet versus those on a traditional low-fat diet. (3)
You don’t just lose more weight, you also feel less hungry while on Keto
And that’s why Keto is more sustainable than many diets. One study compared women who ate a low-carb/high-fat diet with a similar group on a high-carb/low-fat diet, and found greater weight loss and lower reported hunger levels in the low-carb group.
Don’t forget to PIN this article so you don’t forget to come back to it!
How To Lose Weight On A Keto Diet:
Let start by telling you that Keto is NOT easy. So, if you’re looking for a magic pill to shrink your body, then this is not it!
I can’t emphasize this enough. It’s easy to fall into the trap of eating low carb junk food on a Keto diet. Please please don’t do this!
Click HERE to join The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet program and join over 2,000 others on a ketogenic weight loss journey
Don’t just eat low-carb bread, pizza, and sugar-free desserts! That way you’ll not only help yourself look and feel better as well as drop clothes sizes, but you’ll actually make a huge difference to your health long-term.
We know it can be daunting starting a new diet, so here are 5 steps to get you started the HEALTHY WAY.
5 Steps To Get Started On Keto…The Healthy Way
STEP 1: Start Preparing Now
Don’t put your health off.
TAKE A SMALL ACTION RIGHT NOW: Do something today to move forward, even if it’s just downloading my best-selling, results-getting program The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet
It’s best to start Keto during a less stressful week as it does take a bit of preparation (both mentally and around your home).
If this week isn’t ideal, then schedule a date in your calendar right now for when you’ll start.
STEP 2: Clear Out Your Fridge And Pantry.
Don’t keep tempting foods lying around.
It will trip you up on those bad days. You won’t always feel motivated to stick to Keto, so make it easier for yourself to succeed.
STEP 3: Restock With Keto Foods.
Ensuring you have plenty of healthy Keto foods around is essential. Here are some of the basic categories:
- Green leafy vegetables,
- Seafood and fish,
- All meats,
- Healthy fats (e.g., coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, ghee, tallow, lard)
- Some nuts and seeds,
- Some fruits like avocados and berries.
STEP 4: Be Prepared For Keto Flu
If you’ve been eating a lot of sugary and high-carb foods, then you’ll probably experience keto flu..
WHAT IS KETO FLU? As your body adjusts to burning fat instead of sugar, you’ll initially feel dizzy, hungry, tired, and may even have headaches.
6 TIPS FOR GETTING OVER KETO FLU:
- Eat Slightly More Fats. But don’t go overboard if you’re unused to eating fats as your body may have a hard time digesting it at first.
- Eat More Calories. It’s easy to cut out all your regular high-carb foods and not replace it with anything. Add in more leafy green vegetables (try a green veggie smoothie), eggs, fatty fish (like salmon, mackeral, and sardines), and fatty meats (like oxtail, brisket, bacon, ribeye steaks).
- Add in Some Clean Carbs. Add in a small amount of root vegetables (like carrots and sweet potatoes) to help with your transition.
- Make Sure You Get Plenty of Salts. It’s easy for your sodium and potassium intake to drop too much on Keto, so make sure you add salt to your food and eat plenty of foods high in potassium like avocados and dark leafy greens.
- Drink More Water. Dehydration can often cause headaches, nausea, and fatigue. So make sure you keep hydrated.
- Exercise (If Possible). Exercise when you’re feeling the symptoms of Keto Flu may seem like a horrific idea. But, it can help your body become more metabolically flexible and therefore transition from a sugar burner to a fat burner faster. Obviously, only exercise if it’s safe for you to do so.
STEP 5: Have A Support Group
It can be tough going it alone. Get your family and friends on board so you can help support each other.
If you join The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet program, you’ll not only have access to a coach (me!), you’ll join a Private Facebook Group of 2,000 others on the same journey as you.
I understand how important it is to have a support system in place for tough times or just to ask a few questions to.
What foods should I eat to lose weight on keto?
We highly recommend doing keto the healthy way as it’ll help you lower inflammatory, heal deficiencies, and lose weight and keep it off.
YOU SHOULD EAT THESE FOODS ON KETO:
- Leafy green vegetables (e.g., spinach, kale, arugula),
- Fish (e.g., sardines, salmon, cod, mackerel),
- Other seafood (e.g., oysters, clams, mussels),
- Organ meats (e.g., liver, bone marrow, heart),
- Various meats (e.g., beef, chicken, lamb),
- Healthy fats (e.g., olive oil, avocado oil, ghee, tallow, lard, coconut oil and MCT oil).
- Some fruits (e.g., berries, coconut, avocados, olives), and
- A small amount of nuts and seeds.
YOU SHOULD AVOID THESE FOODS ON KETO:
- Grains (e.g., wheat, barley, oats, corn, rice),
- Pseudo-grains (e.g., amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa),
- Starchy vegetables (e.g., sweet potatoes, potatoes),
- Sugary fruits (e.g., bananas, pineapples, mangoes),
- Dried fruits (e.g., dates, raisins, prunes),
- Seed oils (e.g., canola oil, sunflower oil),
- Artificial sweeteners and all junk processed foods (e.g., diet sodas, pizza, candies, bread, cakes, cookies), and
- Dairy products (e.g., cheese, milk, yogurt).
Learn How The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet Eliminates Gut Inflammation, Detoxes Your Liver, and Resets Your Thyroid
Start Your Ketogenic Weight Loss Journey The Right Way And Take The Next Step…
FIRST (AND ONLY) STEP: If you’re interested in starting a Ketogenic diet, then please take the next best step and join a proven weight loss program: The 3-Week Ketogenic Diet
You could try it on your own and just do the 6 steps I outlined above. You may or may not see success. I think you know when you invest in yourself, you’re more likely to stick to your plan.
It can be tough at times, which is why I have a group of almost 2,000 other people doing the 3-Week Ketogenic Diet that are waiting to support YOU.
When I launched the 3-Week Ketogenic Diet 1 year ago, I never thought over 3,500 people would have downloaded and used this plan. Now over 100 people lose over 20 pounds in 21 days.
The results keep coming in and I’m STILL shocked to see some of the transformations, but the messages NEVER get old.
If you’d like to become the next success story, then watch the free presentation and read the success stories, then share yours in 3ish weeks inside our private support group on Facebook, here’s some of the messages: