- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2-4 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup quinoa,, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup raw shrimp (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine soy sauce/aminos, balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic, and hot sauce (if using). Stir until well blended and set aside.
- Combine quinoa and 1 3/4 cups water in a pot. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, begin cooking shrimp: Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and shrimp. When shrimp begin to turn pink, add sauce and continue to cook, stirring frequently.
- When shrimp is cooked through, add quinoa, and stir until well combined. Drizzle with fresh lime juice.