- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into small chunks
- Lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli and garlic with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until beginning to brown. Set 1/2 cup broccoli aside.
- Add remaining broccoli, garlic, avocado, Parmesan, and remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a blender, and blend until a smooth puree is formed. Taste and season with salt. Stir in lemon juice, if desired.
- Mix 1/2 cup broccoli pesto and reserved broccoli florets into cooked quinoa. (Save any leftover pesto in the fridge for another use.)
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add nuts to dry pan and toast, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from pan and add to quinoa.
- Add butter to the same frying pan and let it melt. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add to salad and serve warm.