With cooler weather among us — nothing fits perfectly into a fit woman’s life that a good soup. They are nutritious, hearty, and can be made to stretch for several meals. The problem is — the time factor. You want a soup that is full of flavor, but not one that you had to simmer all day long. This is my version of a short-cut quick tomato soup. It may be quick, but trust me it is not lacking in yummy goodness!
Total Time: 20-30 min
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (28oz) can organic diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth (homemade is preferred)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Using a high-speed blender, emulsion blender, or a food processor — blend the diced tomatoes until they are smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic and onions until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef, and break up with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and continue to cook until beef is browned.
- Now, pour in your pureed tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and cook another 5 minutes.
- Lastly, stir in the freshly chopped basil before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe you’ll LOVE the recipes inside the Healthy Fat Loss Inner Circle. Enter your e-mail address below for more details on how to claim your 7-Day FREE Trial.