Tis the season…for pumpkin! Don’t worry — as a fit woman for life, you don’t have to give up the indulgence of comfort food at its best. On these cold Fall mornings nothing comforts and warms you up like a bowl of oatmeal. This oatmeal is made over the stovetop, and canned pumpkin along with some warming spices makes it truly suitable for the season.
As for the milk — if you tolerate dairy, a good source that’s grassfed would be optimal. If you opt for going a coconut milk route — you can absolutely do so, but you might want to dilute it with some water to get the consistency right.
Let’s talk sweetener — you absolutely don’t need any. This oatmeal is hearty, and flavorful all on its own. If you do; however, want that extra indulgence a teaspoon or so of raw honey would be a terrific choice. Toppings? Go for whatever you desire! Any variety of chopped nuts would do, shredded coconut, or even a sprinkle of raisins would be great. Enjoy!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup grassfed milk (if using coconut milk do 1/2 water)
- 1/2 cup organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree (check your label here!)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- desired toppings — extra milk, cinnamon, nuts, etc.
- Pour the milk in a saucepan, and bring it to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, add in your oats and stir. Reduce the heat to medium and let it cook for a minute or so.
- Then, add in your pumpkin. Break down with a spoon and allow it to cook for 3-5 more minutes or until you notice most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the vanilla, honey (if using), pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir.
- Continue cooking until the oatmeal has reached your desired consistency.
- Top with an extra splash of milk, spices, nuts, etc.
If you enjoyed this recipe you’ll LOVE the recipes inside the Healthy Fat Loss Inner Circle. Enter your e-mail address below for more details on how to claim your 7-Day FREE Trial.