This particular recipe was inspired by Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin, after exploring the ingredients, of course…
With over 47 grams of sugar, soybean oil, gluten flours, gums, carrageenan , and other potentially damaging ingredients I decided to create similar experience, with health promoting ingredients.
Here is what I came up with! A gluten-free, honey-sweetened, and unhealthy vegetable oil free muffin during the perfect time of the year.
I used the same spices Starbucks uses.
|Pumpkin Goat Cheese Muffins|
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1/8 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. clove powder
- ¼ tsp. all spice
- 1/8 tsp. cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- ) Heat oven to 350 and place 8 muffin papers in compartments. Set aside.
- ) Add all dry ingredients to large mixing bowl, lightly sift with fork. Set aside.
- ) In separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs, add in remainder of wet ingredients.
- ) For filling: Add room temperature butter, hand mix with fork. Add goat cheese. Hand mix. Add honey, mix with hand mixer until fluffy and creamy. Set aside.
- ) Add wet to dry and hand mix for a couple of minutes, making sure all flour is dissolved.
- ) Add a scoop of batter in muffin papers and then add a scoop of cheese filling in the middle. Add a small amount of batter on top of cheese filling.
- ) Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350. Enjoy!