Not much to say about this one, other than it’s pumpkin. It’s Paleo. And it’s Delicious.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. gelatin
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cans pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp. beef broth or coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped/diced
- ½ cup green onions, chopped/diced
- 1 Serrano pepper, chopped/diced
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- About ½ tsp. of each: Oregano, Parsley, Basil, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper. Chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped/diced
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Grass-fed Kerry Gold cheddar cheese (1 ½ cup) shredded
- 1 ¼ pound spicy sausage ( I used pork)
Steps to crEATe:
1.) Warm oven to 250°. Warm 1 cup water. In small bowl, “proof the yeast” by adding 1 cup WARM water to Active Dry Yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add honey.
2.) Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Once yeast is proofed, add all wet ingredients, including the yeast mixture. All crust ingredients should be added.
3.) Mix well and spread evenly over large circular pizza pan (I used 15” pan). Bake for 25-30 minutes at 250°.
Note: If you use a smaller pan the crust will be thicker and if you use a larger pan, the crust will be thinner!
1.) Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Combine well and be generous with the seasonings and spices.
1.) After about 15 minutes of crust baking, begin cooking sausage in a couple Tbsp. of coconut oil. Chop into small pieces for pizza topping. Chop bell peppers, onion, mushrooms.
2.) Shred cheddar cheese and either shred or chop goat cheese into small pieces.
1.) Heat oven to 400°
2.) Remove crust from oven. Spread pumpkin topping evenly over crust. Add cheddar cheese and the vegetable toppings. Complete with mostly cooked sausage and goat cheese pieces.
3.) Bake for 15 minutes.
Note: You can decorate and put any topping you wish on your pizza. The pumpkin topping, however, shouldn’t be messed with. 🙂
Note: If for some reason, your crust isn’t completely baked before adding topping, bake at 400 for 10 minutes before baking with topping. Some ovens are different than others.