This is officially my LAST pumpkin recipe of the….month of October….maybe. 🙂
My final attempt to win the Fast Paleo, pumpkin recipe contest. I WILL (trying to stay confident) win a pumpkin carving set to carve my very first pumpkin, EVER! Will probably need some help…any takers.
A couple things:
1.) Make sure your bananas are super ripe. The more ripe, the easier on your body AND most importantly, the healthier.
2.) If you want a sweeter muffin, add 3 or 4 Tablespoons (Tbsp.) of honey!
Here’s the recipe:
|Paleo Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins|
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ nutmeg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz. applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 8 dates, chopped/diced
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Steps to crEATe:
- ) Heat oven to 350. Grease a 12 muffin tin with coconut oil, set aside.
- ) In large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
- ) Beat eggs. Mash bananas. Chop dates.
- ) Combine eggs and the rest of the wet ingredients with dry mix and hand mix for 2 minutes, making sure all the flour is dissolved.
- ) Fold in chocolate chips.
- ) Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin compartments and sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top.
- ) Bake for 18 minutes at 350.